Macmillan Cancer Support Innovation Community
The Innovation Community, a health initiative by Macmillan Cancer Support, brings together a diverse group of people living with or affected by cancer, sharing their experiences, skills and knowledge enabling Macmillan to shape their Innovation services and products.
Macmillan Cancer Support would like to work with people with lived experience of cancer (patients, carers, family and friends) to help them identify and develop new initiatives to support and improve outcomes for people living with cancer. Their vision is that Macmillan innovates for people with lived experience, to make a positive difference in the lives of people affected by cancer.
Macmillan are looking to increase the diversity and representation of the Innovation community and would like to involve as many people with lived experience from different backgrounds as possible.
What they are looking for:
People with lived experience of cancer – patients, carers, family and friends of patients, medical professionals, cancer nurses
Expected commitment from participants:
Members will be provided with the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of involvement activities, including, but not limited to taking part in surveys and focus groups, co-designing information, sitting on interview panels, testing new innovative products, being part of a regular advisory group. Most activities will be carried out online. This is a flexible engagement opportunity, meaning that the activities they choose to get involved in and the amount of time they give is completely up to them.
No specific skills or experience in innovation is required to be part of the community. The most important contribution is an individual’s lived experience.
Support will be provided to you by Macmillan’s Innovation Community Team to get involved in the opportunities you are interested in.
Commitment to inclusion:
- Flexible, ad-hoc role, so people can give as little or as much time as they wish.
- Welcome call, induction, and ongoing support from Innovation Engagement Officer
- Tech support offered by Innovation Engagement team
- We regularly ask our members for feedback and suggestions to show impact of their involvement and look at how we can improve our services. We’re transparent about what can be influenced.
- Virtual – to enable UK wide participation.
- Day and evening events to cater to everyone’s schedules
- Use of different engagement methodologies/ tailored communication/ information to ensure it’s accessible.
- Training available for members to learn new skills
- Opportunity to meet and interact with other members of the Innovation Community
- For further cancer advice and support, individuals can speak to the Support Line
Closing date: No deadline
For more information
If you apply for this opportunity please let the organisers know you saw it advertised by Shaping Our Lives. Thank you!
How to Apply
Interested participants can apply here to become part of the Innovation Community: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/InnovationCommunityInitialSign-Up/ For more information or to get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of application, a member of the Innovation Community Team will get in touch.