Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) – Service User Network (SUN)
HQIP hosts a Service User Network (SUN) for people who are interested in contributing to improving the quality of healthcare services. They welcome people with lived experiences as patients and carers to join their SUN. The SUN was first established in 2009 and has had over 40 patient and carer advocates working in an advisory capacity to HQIP.
They are looking for:
HQIP welcomes anyone with experience of using health and care services as a patient and carer, they particularly welcome people from communities who experience healthcare inequalities.
Expected commitment from participants:
Previously SUN members have been involved in:
• The HQIP commissioning process – Engaging patients and carers in commissioning at HQIP
• Reviewing and co-producing resources – A guide to patient and public involvement in quality improvement – HQIP and Developing a patient and public involvement panel for quality improvement – HQIP
• Developing the e-learning module Introduction to Quality Improvement for patients and carers – e-Learning
• Reviewing National Clinical Audit Patient Outcomes Programme resources focused for patients and carers – Involving patients
• Judging panels for both Clinical Audit Awareness Week and Richard Driscoll Memorial Award
Commitment to inclusion:
Recently HQIP has opened up the way the SUN works by changing the structure. There is no commitment once you sign up, all opportunities will be shared via newsletters, and you can contact HQIP at any time to register your interest in any area of work.
Projects will have different requirements which will be discussed and shared upfront. HQIP will never expect people to be out of pocket and expenses will be covered and some projects will offer involvement fees.
If you sign up to be part of the network please let the organisers know you heard about it via Shaping Our Lives. Thank you!
How to Apply
Please find the information about the HQIP SUN here - https://www.hqip.org.uk/involving-patients/service-user-network/#.ZEaaHHbMI2x
Involvement Payment Details
HQIP will never expect people to be out of pocket and expenses will be covered and some projects will offer involvement fees.