User-led groups in our network
8 March 2023inclusion
Did you know that Shaping Our Lives is a user-led organisation? That means we are run by and for the people we support.
- It is based on clear values of independence, inclusive involvement and peer support.
- Disabled people and/or people with lived experience of distress control the
- organisation through leadership of decision-making.
- It is uniquely identified by the direct lived experience and full inclusion of Disabled
- people and/or people with lived experience of distress
We have a network of user-led organisations listed on our website. In recent years the number of them has declined, affected by funding cuts, COVID measures, and the cost of living crisis. It hasn’t been an easy time for user-led groups.
We provide a free online listing to user-led organisations, and a blog with regularly updated funding and training opportunities and useful resources, which we hope are helpful in this difficult and challenging climate.
We have created some bar charts to show the different groups of people that the organisations listed on our website serve. The total number of organisations is 329 as of February 2023, and many of the organisations serve more than one group of people, for example, they may offer services to Disabled people and carers. The percentages do not total 100 because of the multiple groups of people many of the organisations serve.
We would love to invite more user-led groups to be listed on our website. It’s free and very easy – get in touch with email@example.com and we can make it happen.
Other useful links: