People wanted for Social Care Involvement Group in the East of England
East of England
Shaping Our Lives are working with the University of Hertfordshire on a project about social care research. We are looking for two people with learning disabilities and about four other people who have some experience of social care services and/or doing research in social care. You will meet together every three months and help the research project teams to work well with people with lived experience of social care.
Who can take part?
- We are looking for two people with learning disabilities to take part and about four other people who have experience of using social care services (either directly or for a friend or family member).
- You will need to have some experience of social care research. Your experience of research could be as part of a research project or from taking part in a survey, focus group or similar.
- You need to live in the East of England.
Timing: June 2022 to May 2024
What will you do?
- Share your experiences of research and/or using services in social care with researchers in the project.
- Attend 4 meetings per year. The first meeting will be a workshop in early July which will be held in person. Future meetings will be a mix of remote and in-person meetings.
How to Apply
Please contact Roxane Lavanchy for further information on email@example.com
Involvement Payment Details
Involvement payments are in line with NIHR recommendations - £75 for a half day and £150 for a full day meeting. Reasonable support costs will be met.